CpSc 461, Software Engineering Techniques
Project Meeting 8
This week, you will need to do some formal testing of your implementation. Choose two kinds of tests that we have discussed in class and write a short Test Plan for your project. Examples might include:
Document the results of your test, e.g., unit test output, a checklist showing the results of functional testing, etc.
- Unit Tests - if you have implemented a new module, write code to exercise its functions independently from the rest of the program.
- Functional Test - If you project is a GUI application, document the steps a user should take to exercise the feature. Include screen shots and a written description of the tasks to perform.
- Regression Test - if your project came with a set of tests, run the tests again and verify their results.
Submit the following on 5/16, and be ready to demonstrate your project to the class:
- Updated design documentation (if necessary)
- A hard copy of your code
- A working version of your program in electronic form
- Your test plan and other test documentation
- Your test results